How’s everyone doing? As you can probably imagine, drawing the museum building took a while, I hope it at least looks decent. This museum (well, actually the whole city) is based on an actual place. Google Maps is so handy hahaha~
Next page: https://www.patreon.com/posts/page-iii-63-hd-45754384
Next next page: https://www.patreon.com/posts/46054799
We’ve had a bunch of people cancel their Patreon pledges (New Year’s resolutions?) so I’d appreciate it if you considered pledging! You can get a personal avatar drawn by me, read two pages ahead, read the whole archive of the mini-comic that I post in the vote incentives… I’m not sure if it’s worth the money but it sure makes me happy. No pressure, though! If you can’t or don’t want to support on Patreon, I’ll happily take the TWC votes and Twitter likes! Thanks! 🙂
What’s going on at my end… You might have heard that Japan is putting in more restrictions since we recently doubled the number of daily covid cases. I haven’t seen any of those restrictions yet, however, so it might be that not much will change and we’ll soon have 5k new cases every day instead of 2k. I’m honestly already too tired to worry about it. We don’t use trains, don’t go to restaurants, don’t visit friends, nothing – total isolation. We used to go hiking but I haven’t been in the mountains for months since I’d need to use trains. I’m trying to stay active by doing super long walks – we had a 30km one this last weekend haha, it was nice.
I’m working hard on editing my novel–fixing little mishaps and polishing the prose. I hope to be completely done with it by the end of February and start querying agents. If that doesn’t work out (which I suspect it won’t) I’ll work on self-publishing it in the second part of the year. But you know, keep your fingers crossed just in case haha. I have another draft to polish this year and plan to write another story but I’m getting more and more intimidated by my own ambitious plans. My eyes are protesting.
Historia is moving forward as well and I’m trudging through the remaining assets. I spent last week drawing character sprites with dozens of different expressions haha… Look forward to it! I’m much happier with the art this time around so I hope you’ll love it once it comes out in May 🙂
I can also share what I’ve read/listened to recently? Some of those are popular science books, some are fantasy. Maybe some of you are looking for something new:
- Why we sleep — it was actually very informative and I changed some of my habits thanks to this book. I keep recommending it to all of my friends.
- This is your brain on music — the first half was hard to sit through, honestly… The second had some interesting tidbits but even though the material is interesting, I felt it wasn’t presented in the best possible way. Maybe his other books are better? The topic is very interesting, though.
- Essentialism — essentially a waste of time. I don’t like being this harsh when it comes to books, but you’d think that, given the principle this work is advertising, it would be concise and to the point. It was nothing but.
- Beyond Redemption — dark fantasy, I didn’t like it (it bored me, had plot holes and it was gross for the sake of being gross) but to each their own, some people absolutely love it. The prose and worldbuilding are excellent but weren’t enough for me to enjoy it.
- The city of stairs — reading this now. I’m in 30% and so far so good!